Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Response: Boy, Waiting for a School Bus

My favorite poem was "Boy, Waiting for a School Bus". The author did a good job describing the boy who waits for the bus in the cold morning everyday. I think we can all imagine the same feeling as the boy because we have waited for the bus once in the winter at least. I realized the end of every stanza, she ends with "waiting for a bus besides the road" or "dawn, a scattering of snow". I think the author uses unique language so the reader can easy to image the picture.

My favorite line of this poem is:
Hangover moon, knuckle in a glove worn through. A flock of geese, some frozen.
I still remember when I was waiting for the bus during winter, it was always dark outside and I could see the moon still from the night before.

2 comments:

  1. i have the same feeling as that boy! It is even worse to wait for a schoolbus when it's winter, especially when it's snowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you said about the line, "Hangover moon, knuckle in a glove worn through." I like that you said something about being able to see the moon from the night before, because I can totally relate. I was a swimmer in high school and we had practice at 5:30 in the morning. Every time I woke up, it was miserably cold, and I could still see the moon. Also, I thought the poet used the repetition to emphasize the point of the poem; that in everything the author describes the boy doing, he is still "waiting for a bus beside the road."

    ReplyDelete